Allophone international students registered in year 1, 2 or 3 of a bachelor’s degree course at the University of Lille.
3 hrs/week over 8 weeks: 24 hrs/semester in person. You are strongly encouraged to attend each class.
6 hrs of semi-autonomous work at the language resource centre (CRL)
Schedule – 24 hrs of classes
Forming student groups
After the mandatory written evaluation (see dates below), students are divided into groups to reflect their level of linguistic ability, as defined under the Common European framework of reference for languages (CECRL).
Schedule for the Pont-de-bois campus:
French test on Wednesday 19th january 2022 - Amphi A4 - campus Pont-de-Bois
Beginning of classes from Monday 31st January 2022.
Details and informations : defi
Schedule for the Cité Scientifique campus:
French tests 25 - 27 - 28 January 2022
Beginning of classes from the 1st February 2022.
Details and informations : supfle-licencemaster
- Oral reception and note-taking using authentic video or radio files: recorded lectures, television programmes, TV news bulletins, etc.
- Written reception of authentic documents: press publications and academic articles.
- Written production : argumentation, reports, dossiers.
- Oral production : regular interactive speaking practice: theme-specific exposes, critical reports of activities, debates, etc.
This course is based on a communicative and intercultural approach with a focus on action. Pedagogy involving tasks and projects is prioritised. Students are invited to practice language-as-culture in their capacity as members of society. The classroom is a place of both teaching and learning where linguistic and cultural tools are used to engage in social activities; it is also a place in which progress is monitored and evaluated.
All activities are linked to those of university life.
Classes are also based on the resources available at the CRL. Regular course work at the centre will be suggested and supervised.
Final grade out of 20 made up as follows:
- Continuous assessment: average of 5 grades out of 20. Regular participation in class is evaluated.
- 6 hours of autonomous work on CALAO to be completed outside of class hours. Study journal to be annotated by the student.
Regular attendance in class is strongly advised.
ECTS: 3 credits (Pont de bois, Moulins-Ronchin and Healthcare campuses) and 2 credits (Cité Scientifique campus)